• Within development teams, collaborate, engineer, create installation packages and perform quality control checks
• Monitor projects, develop alternative courses of action and workarounds to help mitigate schedule delay and cost overrun
• Attend technical meetings with other internal disciplines to assist with design efforts specific to cabling / physical connectivity
• Conduct site surveys
• Create material orders and communicate with warehouse
• Submit power space cooling request (PSCs), infrastructure change tickets (ICTs) and machine room management forms (MRMs)
• Install and maintain equipment racks and all associated hardware
• Install IT equipment, cards, small form-factor pluggable (SFP) etc... for our Network and Server Teams
• Administer, maintain and troubleshoot cabling of all types related to data center deployments (e.g. fiber, copper, coaxial
• Administer and maintain power distribution units (PDU) of various sizes and output (e.g. L6/30 – L21/30 - rack mounted)
• Follow industry standards and best practices for all data center deployments
• Identify, test and correct cable failures within the data center
• Perform cable decommission after IT hardware removal
• Document all cabling with approved labeling scheme, record site layout and deployment specifics by working closely with internal database team and design drafter
• Become familiar with and utilize our internal ticketing system for all data center deployments.
Must meet contract level requirements for appropriate position.
In addition, requires BS Degree plus 10 years of experience, or High School education and at least 15 years experience in the cabling industry or mechanical construction experience.
Must be able to lift at least 60 pounds and perform moderately strenuous activities.
Upon employment, candidate must obtain a Building Industry Consulting Service International -
Technician certification (BICSI - TECH).
Other skills and experience include:
• Comprehensive knowledge of BICSI - RCDD & DCDC principles, methods, and techniques used in a data center environment (Building Industry Consulting Service International – Registered Communications Distribution Designer / Data Center Design Consultant)
• Comprehensive knowledge of principles, methods, standards and techniques utilized in our Customers environment
• Knowledge of cable test equipment -copper cable testers, fiber OTDRs / power meters and electrical testers
• Working knowledge of date center type equipment (servers, network switches)
• Working knowledge of electrical principles and components
• Familiar with design drawing software (Visio / AutoCad) (not required, can be on-the-job training)
Can also apply to firstname.lastname@example.org or through our website at
Comprehensive Benefits Package!
Great Referral Bonus Program!