S eeking an experienced Network Architect to do network planning and design, architecture, development, test & evaluation and tier-3 troubleshooting.
Emphasis is on high-level business requirement analysis, solution evaluation, system architecture development, technical writing, strategic planning and providing expert technical advice to our Government customers.
· Quickly become familiar with customer’s existing network architecture, suite of standardized network solutions, and the next generation of network systems (such as SDN/NFV) which are currently under development.
· Advise Government customers on strategic IT directions, trends in network industry, new capabilities, improving reliability, improving performance, reducing hardware and maintenance cost, and improving operational efficiency.
· Research and develop solutions which satisfy cutting edge customer requirements for new network features, functions hardware, software and monitoring tools.
· Define detailed system requirement specifications.
· Develop Concept of Operations (CONOP) and other official standards documentation which thoroughly and completely describe newly developed network solutions.
· Develop and write plans for testing new network features, functions hardware, software in a lab environment.
· Write and publish technical specifications and test reports.
· Write or revise instructions for network operations team and field installers to rollout new network features, functions hardware and software into the production network.
· Perform tier-3 troubleshooting of difficult network issues that get escalated up through tier-1 and tier-2 support organizations.
· Occasionally travel to install new network features, functions hardware and software at locations selected to be pilot test sites.
· TS/SCI with active Polygraph.
Educational and Experience Qualifications:
· High School/GED and 20 years experience; or
· Associates and 15 years of experience; or
· Bachelors Degree and 12 years of experience; or
· Masters Degree and 10 years of experience.
· Proficiency with configuring, troubleshooting and upgrading network equipment, software, and circuits.
· Hands-on experience with advanced network technologies, including; IPSEC, OSPF, BGP, LDP, BFD, GRE Tunnels, MACSEC, MPLS, QoS, VPLS, 802.1x, IPv6, Multicast and VoIP.
· Hands-on experience on a wide-range of network products from Cisco systems and other manufacturers.
· Strong technical writing skills.
· Excellent verbal communications skills.
Preferred Technical Qualifications:
· Cisco CCNP certification
· DoD 8570 IAT Level III certification (CISSP or equal)
· Hands-on experience with high-performance Cisco routers and switches, such as ASR, ISR, CRS, 7600, 3750E and NEXUS.
· Hands-on experience with Brocade routers and switches, such as MLX, SX and ICX.
· Hands-on experience with hardware circuit encryption devices, such as KG175A, KG245X and KG340.
· Hands-on experience with advanced network test equipment, such as Spirent Test Center, EXFO IP/Ethernet services tester.
Candidates must have a current/active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph clearance in order to be considered for this position.
Can also apply through our website at www.flashtg.com
or send resume to email@example.com!
Generous Referral Bonus!