Senior System Engineer with Storage Background.
The position requires an active TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly.
As a member of the enterprise Storage and Database Hosting team, this position is responsible for the identification and fixing of problems within existing systems.
A thorough understanding of UNIX and UNIX scripting are important, along with familiarity of SGI systems.
The Senior Systems Engineer will have familiarity with Oracle/Storagetek ACSLS tape libraries, as well as Quantum Scalar libraries; and with managing DataDomain data deduplication/virtual tape libraries and Netapp filers.
A good understanding of ssh is necessary, and familiarity with AMASS, StorNext and Netbackup is a plus.
An understanding of Java, Perl, Bash, and SQL is important; and although not a requirement, familiarity with DSS would be a welcomed plus.
The ability to interface in a professional manner with non-technical customers is important. Initiative, communicating, and listening are important to the success of this position.
Candidate must be able to perform as follows:
• Must have mid-level Unix/Linux system administration & engineering experience.
• On call (duty phone rotation) for system server support.
• Able to Rack/Stack equipment, perform hardware configurations, and have experience with networking.
• Design/Develop Microsoft Visio (hardware/components) rack drawings for server rooms infrastructure environment.
• Responsible for documenting systems configuration information for System Security Plan (SSP) and interacting/working with the organization Information System Security Officer (ISSO).
To qualify, candidate must also meet these basic qualifications:
• One of the following DoD approved certifications is necessary to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED.
• Must be available for on-call support.
• Must be open to the possibility of travel (CONUS & OCONUS), anticipate less than 5%.
Required Education & Related Experience:
Either a Doctorate plus 4 years ,OR Master’s plus 6 years, OR Bachelor’s plus 8 years, OR Associate’s plus 10 years, OR H.S./GED plus 12 years
• Experience in the design, implementation, and maintenance of monitoring systems
• Shell scripting
Can also apply through our website at www.flashtg.com or send resume directly to email@example.com.
Generous Referral Bonus Program!