This position provides auditing, property accountability, and documentation as part of the IT Hardware Deployment Services and Support for hardware systems, racks, equipment upgrade/refreshes/relocation, sustainment activities and system decommissioning at OCONUS and CONUS using a customer compliance process. Project Management skills would be an asset as this involves establishing the initial processes, tools, documentation for successful and accurate property accountability within the organization.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Project management skills including developing/establishing processes, scheduling, identifying tools, and determining proper documentation required. This involves establishing a framework, running through the processes/procedures, and correcting things on the fly; which will subsequently be used to establish a team of junior personnel to do a basic “take form/return form” effort.
• Supporting periodic property accountability inventory activities as needed
• Providing hardware information/updates for incorporation into the applicable System Security Plans (SSP)
• Verifying quantity of items listed in the list of material match quantity in the system design
• Assisting government and senior engineers with redline updates to engineering drawings after each deployment, as needed
• Applying system engineering principles throughout the systems life cycle phases: Concept, Development, Production, Utilization, Support, and Retirement
POSSIBLE FUTURE RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supporting the deploying, sustaining, and decommissioning of hardware within the enterprise Data Center environment
• Supporting the pre-staging, transfer, and coordination of the shipment of equipment and materials
• Working with the government and senior engineers in identifying materials needed to support Deployment Services activities, ensuring all equipment components are properly tagged with barcode and security label
• Providing input for acquisitions documents to ensure compliance with customer policies
• Traveling to CONUS and OCONUS locations should be minimal, if required.
• Coordinating/tracking delivery of installation material to include any documentation required.
1) Project Management skills
2) Understanding of logistical and shipping processes
3) Property Accountability
4) Networking understanding
1) Microsoft Visio
2) Linux and Windows O/S
Required Education & Related Experience:
A Bachelor's degree in a Qualified Engineering Field (see note 1) or a related discipline (see note 2) from an accredited college or university plus six (6) years of system engineering experience
A High School diploma or GED plus ten (10) years of general system engineering experience (any Process area).
A Master's degree in a Qualified Engineering Field (see note 1) or a related discipline (see note 2) from an accredited college or university plus four (4) years of system engineering experience
A PhD in a Qualified Engineering Field (see note 1) or a related discipline (see note 2) from an accredited college or university plus four (4) years of system engineering experience
NOTE 1 - Examples of Qualified engineering fields include: Aeronautics, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Environmental, Mechanical, Nuclear, Software, Systems and Engineering Management.
NOTE 2 - Examples of related disciplines include: Chemistry, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, and Physics.
To qualify, candidate must also meet these basic qualifications:
• Must currently have and be able to maintain a TS/SCI Clearance with Poly
• NOTE - a DoD8570 certification is NOT required for this position
• Must possess the capability to perform associated work in and provide deliverables associated with ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas; and ISO/IEC 15288 Project and Technical Process Areas.
• Must be available for on-call support and must be open to the possibility of travel (CONUS & OCONUS), anticipate less than 15%
Apply directly to https://flashtg.com/flash-technology-careers/
or send resume to email@example.com.
Generous Referral Bonuses!
Comprehensive Benefits Package!