As a member of the enterprise Storage and Database Hosting team, the Subject Matter Expert must have strong Data Base Administrator (DBA) experience, with primary focus on M204 and the FOCUS product on IBM z Series systems. The individual may also be responsible for keeping Oracle RAC and SQL server databases up and running fast, troubleshooting database errors, performance tuning inefficient database code, creating Oracle Server databases, managing database storage, migrating databases, setup Oracle Wallet and manage certificates.
The position with a DBA background is responsible for the following:
• PRIMARY focus is on the Model 204 and the FOCUS product on IBM z Series systems. This also requires 24/7 call-in support.
Additionally, the individual may be responsible for assisting with support of the following:
• Setup, installation, backups, and support for PostgreSQL, Oracle, Sybase, and MySQL database management system
• Provide monitoring, performance, and tuning of the four database management systems.
Experience with the Linux and Windows operating systems is required to create database server installation scripts
• BASH and PowerShell scripting
• Performance tuning on backup/recovery issues and archive systems management software.
• Strong M204 experience.
• Strong experience managing large scale databases
• Experience with PostgreSQL
• Oracle: Database Management, primarily Oracle 10g, 11g, and 12c. This includes troubleshooting, performance tuning, and familiarity with Oracle networking; along with Automatic Storage Management (ASM), and Real Application Clusters (RAC).
• Understanding of Oracle installation and patching processes, along with service request handling and understanding of Oracle OEM, Grid Control, DbConsole, and 12C Cloud Control; and Oracle backup and recovery features, especially RMAN (Recovery Manager) for backups
Required Basic Requirements:
• Must be open to the possibility of travel (CONUS & OCONUS), anticipate less than 5%.
• Must be available for 24/7 on-call support
• Must currently have and be able to maintain a TS/SCI Clearance with Poly
Required Education & Related Experience:
• Either a Doctorate plus 4 years ,OR Master’s plus 6 years, OR Bachelor’s plus 8 years, OR Associate’s plus 10 years, OR H.S./GED plus 12 years is required
Required DoD 8570 Certification:
• One of the following DoD approved certifications is required to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP+ CE, GCIH, GCED, CCNP Security, CySA+, or GICSP
Apply directly to https://flashtg.com/flash-technology-careers/
or send resume to email@example.com.
Generous Referral Bonuses!
Comprehensive Benefits Package!