Leverage all elements of Splunk’s portfolio to create IT and Security solutions for an IT organization delivering
Enterprise Managed Services across the globe.
• Plan, size, deploy, operate, and maintain distributed Splunk deployments and architectures using a combination of
Splunk Enterprise Security, Splunk Cloud, and ITSI in support of thousands of end users, with petabytes of data,
and unique usage patterns across different deployment topologies.
• Generate complex searches, reports, and dashboards with Splunk’s core software to get the most out of end user
• Support and manage various components of Splunk Enterprise on a daily basis, including license management,
indexers and search heads, configuration, monitoring, and getting data into Splunk.
• Support the day-to-day administration and health of a Splunk Enterprise environment.
• Collaborate with engineering teams to document functional end user requirements to support the design,
prototyping, testing, deployment, and maintenance of Splunk solutions for IT and Security use cases that monitor
the health and performance of both internal and external Network, Unified Communications, Information
Assurance, and end user IT services.
• Collaborate with the engineering teams and end users to create and deploy Splunk Dashboards including support
to data source identification and ingest to Splunk Enterprise Security and ITSI.
• Solve complex Splunk administration problems using knowledge of automation, scripting, DevOps tools, REST APIs,
and Splunk products.
• Research, assess, test, and deploy a Splunk configurations and Splunk technology add-ons that provide solutions
to end user requirements.
• Strong foundational knowledge of IT Security (encryption, firewalls, secure systems design, vulnerability
• Deep understanding of IT fundamentals to include Windows and Linux operating systems, networking, security,
cloud, databases and IT Service Management.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; able to explain complex technical topics to both internal
and external customers with ease.
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems to
include: 10+ years working with distributed systems in IT (with some experience in service operations preferred)
with 4 of those performing Splunk administration, architecture, and development experience (ES, ITSI, apps,
custom search commands, modular inputs, etc.) 4 years of additional network engineering experience may be
substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
• Able to support 20% travel
• An IAT level II baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required. CCNP, or equivalent, certification or higher required.’
• Minimum Splunk Certified Enterprise Architect
Desired Skills: not a must
• Experience with Azure and AWS is highly preferred
• Experience administering Linux and AWS
• Software engineering experience (Python preferred)
Candidate must have Top Secret SCI Clearance with Polygraph.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
• The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations
• Working with Data
• Move about freely in a laboratory setting
• Repetitive Motions