1. Maintain data, voice and/or video network hardware and systems;
2. Assess and update older networks as needed and in accordance with specified plans.
3. Provide escalated Tier-2 and Tier-3 technical support on data, voice or video networks;
4. Answer technical questions; recommend and Implement approved course of action.
5. Install network applications on network servers or voice equipment; Maintain, test, research and resolve problems.
6. May design, implement or maintain various networks such as LAN, CAN, and voice systems in accordance with specified requirements.
7. May prepare data or voice network diagrams and drawings to document and assist in communicating current operational status of networks.
8. Perform data of voice network configurations and configuration changes of various voice or data equipment such as routers, switches, intelligent hubs, multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, PBX, voice mail, call management systems, etc. to enhance performance
9. Experience with installation, configuration, and maintenance of McAfee version 7 & 8 Sidewinder Firewalls,
10. Understand the operation of network protocols and Firewall packet and proxy filters
11. May be responsible for the configuration, deployment, and management of our customer's next generation firewall solution.