Cleared Cable Technicians provide the provisioning, installation, design, termination, testing, documentation, operations, and maintenance of all types of IT cabling.
Service includes both fiber optic cable and copper cable from single-strand/pair to large bulk cables that are used in the infrastructure backbone, underground, outdoor, and horizontal cabling to the desktop or equipment racks.
Must already hold a TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance!
- Lead a team in running cables for building or racking of equipment or other cabling services
- Able to create cable run lists and cable schematics to effectively connect the services
- Install cabling from transport/wiring closets to the customer access outlet
- Install cabling both under floor and above the ceiling in cable trays, troughs, wiring baskets, harnesses, and J hooks
- Assist in the design of cable transmission media, machine rooms, transport closets, and points of-presence
- Field terminate cabling utilizing multiple types of connectors technical techniques
- Install backbone/vertical, underground, and outdoor cabling
- Field test cabling for performance specifications
- Provide cable labeling and configuration documentation
- Perform cable management
- Successfully terminate various types of fiber optic connectors
- Successfully interpret drawings, plans, and specifications
- Properly test and troubleshoot copper installations
- Discuss media selection and implications for implementation on the network
- Make recommendations based on applicable codes, standards, and best practices
- Interpret the job plan and scope of work as well as perform retrofits and upgrades for existing infrastructure