Systems Integration Technician II (12-HOUR SHIFTS - EVENINGS - approx. 7pm to 7am.
BS and 5-10 years of experience.
Areas of study to be considered: Communications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or Mathematics
*DEGREE: AA/AS= no degree + 4 additional years experience; BA/BS= no degree + 8 additional years experience OR AA/AS + 6 additional years experience.
Oversees as well as installs, tests, and validates operational software as specified by installation standards, manufacturer's guidance and safety codes; maintains a much broader knowledge of the system than junior technicians. Conduct on the job training for co-workers.
Should have experience in the following areas:
- Linux (strong grasp of command-line usage)
- Software development (Java, C/C++ preferred)
- Scripting (Ruby, Phython, PHP preferred, shell and Pearl are acceptable)+G25
- Security Tools (nmap, Netcat, intrusion detection systems, firewalls and packet-processors).
Experience in the following is a plus:
- Development tools (Eclipse, Subversion)
- Web technologies (Weblogic, Apache)
- Enterprise Messaging Systems (JMS)
- Database Administration (mysql, Oracle, Mongo)+G25
- Networking (protocols, fiber/Ethernet knowledge)
- Cloud/Virtualization technologies
- Data storage solutions
- Technical writing
- Mission knowledge
Candidate must be willing and able to:
- be on-call 24x7
- mission critical (Agency Code Red required)
- interface with agency and non-agency sites via emails/phone to walk them through hands-on troubleshooting
- work flexible hours, staying until the job is completed (mission is restored)
- work a 12 hour evening shift
Minimum Experience Requirements :
|Five years experience integrating systems using multiple operating systems (Solaris, Linux, and Windows) and developing and implementing test plans and test scripts; Experience performing all aspects of the integration and test of the system including installing the hardware into the racks, labeling cables, running cables, building the system to drawing package, quality assurance, loading operating system, loading applications, and all levels of testing in regard to the system.
**EXPERIENCE: Specialized technical certifications may be credited toward the minimum experience requirements. Certifications may be used to substitute no more than three (3) years of experience.
The following certifications can each be substituted for one (1) year of experience each: CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, ITIL v3 Foundation, RHCSA, RHCE, Cisco: CENT, CCT, CCDA, or CCNA, CEH, VMWare – VCP, CISSP, Jupiter, Hadoop, Brocade: BCNE or BCNA, CDFM, DAU, DAWIA or certification specific to the Labor Category.